Food Pantry MISSION GREENSPOINT has come to be known as a “helping place” for low income individuals and families. We help those living in the Aldine/Greenspoint area of north Houston.
In September, 1996 a group of individuals from Louetta Road Baptist and Spring Memorial Baptist began three apartment congregations. As these groups grew the awareness for meeting physical needs also grew. Through the next year a group from these two churches and others came together to start Mission Greenspoint. Through the years, Mission Greenspoint has had as its chief aim to “take Jesus to the people.” The point of focus has shifted from time to time in how to accomplish that and will continue to do so as a necessary part of growth and change. However, there has always remained the constant purpose to share Christ with everyone who walks through the doors.
Clothes Closet MISSION GREENSPOINT does not charge for any of its services and ministers to the people regardless of race, creed, ethnicity, or religious affiliation. Last year, more than 200 volunteers and a small staff helped to provide over 12,000 individuals with material needs they could not afford. It is important to know that in Aldine ISD where we are located 84 percent of the school population is at or below the poverty level.
MISSION GREENSPOINT will continue to challenge itself to:
- Share the love of Christ with each individual that comes to the center.
- Provide education classes to enable individuals to communicate in their community and give them the opportunity to improve job skills
- Provide programs and services that will strengthen the family unit
- Grow services through Greenspoint Pregnancy Assistance Center
- Expand Jobs for Life ministry for men and women desiring to become employed or better their employment
- To grow the Biblical Counseling Ministry to meet more needs